FRIDA is looking for an Advocacy Officer!
We are no longer receiving applications for this position!
Founded in 2010, FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is the only youth-led fund focused exclusively on supporting young feminist activism to advance social justice movements and agendas across the globe. We believe in the collective power, expertise, and innovation of young feminist organizers to address root causes and structures of inequality in order to create lasting change in their communities. To this end, FRIDA:
● Provides small flexible grants to fund initiatives led by young women and trans*youth under 30 years old with small flexible grants for core support, selected through an annual participatory review process.
● Offers opportunities for capacity development that are accessible and responsive to the needs of young feminist organizers, and based on linking and learning relationships that strengthen networks of young feminist activists within multigenerational movements;
● Mobilizes resources from both traditional and non-traditional sources, with new and modern methods, to enhance the quality and quantity of funding for women’s human rights; and
● Builds knowledge for advocacy to ensure financial and non-financial policies are inclusive and responsive to the priorities articulated by young women, girls and trans* youth.
FRIDA seeks a dynamic and confident leader to be responsible for FRIDA’s advocacy strategy, including: building knowledge to support advocacy, running campaigns, and supporting the advocacy goals of grantee partners. In addition, this position will provide writing and support for resource mobilization and communications, and support coordination of special grants schemes to fund intersectional, cross-movement, and innovative ideas of young feminists.
As a cross-cutting position, this position will work closely with all members of the FRIDA team as well as interacting with the larger community, including grantee partners, advisors, and donors. It will be supervised by a FRIDA Co-Director.
Home- based, and preferably in regions that FRIDA provides grants (Latin America &
Caribbean, Asia & the Pacific, Middle East & North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Central Eastern
Europe, Caucasus & Central and North Asia)
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY
After reading the full job description , please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Cover letter (addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlines why you want to work for FRIDA)
2) Resume or CV
3) List of three references
4) Please include a writing sample that demonstrates your communication skills for a public advocacy campaign that you have worked on. This can be an email to community members, a published article, and/or speech you have given. Please include Advocacy Officer in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only email applications will be accepted. We thank all who apply, but because we have a small team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. FRIDA encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work.
To learn more about FRIDA’s working style and principles, read this blog penned by FRIDA team.