Young feminist? Want to support FRIDA in its strengthening? We are looking for you!
Part-time Consultancy: Program Associate
Location: Flexible, but preferably in any country where FRIDA makes grants
Position: Part-time – 21 hours per week
Time period: 1 April- 30th June 2017, with possibility of extension.
We are no longer receiving applications for this position.
Who are we?
FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is a young feminist-led initiative that funds and strengthens the participation and leadership of young feminist activists globally. FRIDA was created to bring new resources and opportunities to young women and transgender youth globally. We believe that supporting young feminists is key to the expansion, rejuvenation and sustainability of women’s movements and organizations.
We believe in the collective power, expertise, and innovation of young feminist organizers to address root causes and structures of inequality in order to create lasting change in their communities. To this end, FRIDA:
● Provides small flexible grants to fund initiatives led by young women and trans* youth under 30 years old with small flexible grants for core support, selected through an annual participatory review process .
● Offers opportunities for capacity development that are accessible and responsive to the needs of young feminist organizers, and based on linking and learning relationships that strengthen networks of young feminist activists within multigenerational movements.
● Mobilizes resources from both traditional and non-traditional sources, with new and modern methods, to enhance the quality and quantity of funding for women’s human rights;
● Builds knowledge for advocacy to ensure financial and non-financial policies are inclusive and responsive to the priorities articulated by young women, girls and trans* youth.
What is this job about?
FRIDA is currently seeking a part-time Program Associate. In case this description doesn’t say it all – the main responsibilities of the part-time Program Associate include: providing administrative and organizational support and working closely with FRIDA’s amazing programs team by supporting development and maintenance of internal operating systems, communications, grant making, monitoring and evaluation and capacity building.
Still not sure if this is absolutely your thing? Here is a list of what your key responsibilities would be:
- Administrative support: includes supporting the Programs Team on documentation and record keeping, administrative systems, maintaining and adhering to policies, organize travel and logistical arrangements for grantee partners and minute taking related to programmatic work. Basically, this means supporting FRIDA to keep the history and stories in one place and also bring activists together.
- Programmatic support: includes support to Programs Team on monitoring and evaluation (data collection and analysis), capacity development initiatives and mentorship program, grantmaking process and administration, designing and organizing grantee convenings. Basically, this means supporting FRIDA to provide the best possible support to young feminist groups worldwide.
- Database Support: includes collecting, uploading/entering data and keeping track of the programmatic data on various platforms that FRIDA works on, that are pretty cool and are helping us connect all our data. This would include all trainings needed! Basically, this means learnning how to locate, feed and retrieve a truckload of amazing data and information.
The location of the position is flexible; you can be based in any country where you are legally able to reside as long as location has high-speed internet connection and ability to maintain international communication and presence. There is a strong preference that you are based in one of the following regions Central Eastern Europe, Caucasus, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America, the Caribbean, Sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa, the Middle East.
Young women and trans* youth under the age of 30 are strongly encouraged to apply.
Wondering what qualifications & requirements we are looking for? Well, here are some that will make us happy:
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting young feminist-led organizing, women’s and LGBTQAI+ rights, youth issues
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multi-tasking
- Great written and oral communication skills, including knowledge of English language, understanding of working with print, electronic, online and/or social media, demonstrated ability to write reports;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network and liaise in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating successful events;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, familiarity with databases, information management systems and ability to maintain well organized and documented files.
- Reasonable flexibility, and be able to travel overseas if required
- University degree or related experience in women’s human rights, international development, community development, gender, social sciences or a related field;
Also, if you are fluent in any of the following languages, we would treat you with an extra scoop of ice cream: Russian, French, Arabic, Spanish, Mandarin and/or Portuguese
All sounds good? Here is how you should apply:
Send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Don’t forget to include “FRIDA Program Associate” as the subject line.
Hurry! Send your application by March 17th 2017!