Donate your money
Why should I donate to FRIDA?
Because your money can make a huge difference in the life of a young feminist group. Because they have amazing ideas and infectious energy but not enough money to see them in action. Because with more resources, young feminist groups have been able to amplify their organizing around some of the most pressing issues that we face in the world today. Because young and emerging feminist groups need that encouragement to continue doing what they do and help collectively create a better world for you and me. And because being young and ‘new’ simply cannot be an excuse for not securing funding and resources.
Here’s how your contribution can make a difference:
- A donation can help increase the impact of dynamic and energetic groups of young feminists who are working to end multiple forms of inequality, but rarely have access to funds.
- A regular donation is an incredibly powerful way to ensure the sustainability of young feminist organizers who experience threats and violence as a result of their work.
- You can donate other resources besides funds, such as your time or skills. We are working to match the needs of grantee partners with the available capacities of our community.
- Your contribution gives vital encouragement to young, feminist groups who struggle to gain equal trust and respect from others in their community.
Feminism is a labour of persistence, fearlessness, and defiance in a world of entrenched patriarchy, rising fundamentalism, and destructive greed. This organizing work takes resources like time, mobile phones, safe space, bus fees, paper, spray paint, costumes, rent and more! [Click here to read more about the kind of amazing work being done by FRIDA’s grantee partners]
How can I be a part of the movement?
If you respond and rally your resources, FRIDA can make sure the young feminist movement has what it needs to create a more just and equal world by smashing patriarchy and bringing the community closer. And there are several ways of doing that:
- Gift your donation online: Your gift – whether $5 or $500 – represents an important contribution to our movement and we appreciate your actions in giving what you can.
- Mail a check or cash or wire transfer: You can mail a check or cash to our Collective Action Fund at the Tides Foundation:
attn: FRIDA Fund
P.O. Box 29903
San Francisco, CA 94129 USA
Please make your check payable to “Tides Foundation” with FRIDA Fund noted on the memo line. (Don’t forget that detail or else they won’t know it’s for us!)You can also make a wire transfer to our Collective Action Fund. Email us at: email@example.com and we’ll send you more information.
- Make it a REPEAT gift: Making a regular gift to organizers is a powerful way to show you are an ally to this movement. Help smash the patriarchy by making a monthly gift to FRIDA.
$5 a week = $20 a month = $20 for young feminist activists who can use this money for art supplies, website domains, water for activists protesting in the streets, and more.
How can I ensure the young feminists’ needs and activism is prioritised?
Movements are more successful with more people. Plus its more fun to do this work with people you love! Share our work with your friends, sign them up to our newsletter, tell them about why you think young feminist activism is a big part of the solution of today’s problems.
What are some of the other ways of donating to FRIDA?
There are several ways of becoming a part of the FRIDA community and joining the larger young feminist movement globally. You can donate your time and skills, pledge your birthday or even start a giving circle! Click here to learn more about ways of getting involved!
When I make a charitable contribution on Network for Good to FRIDA, is that contribution tax-deductible?
Absolutely! Every single charity featured on Network for Good qualifies for 501(c)(3) non-profit status from the IRS — and that means every donation you give counts as a tax-deductible donation. When you make a donation to FRIDA through the Network for Good site, be sure to save and/or print the confirmation e-mail you receive from Network for Good for your tax records.