What do we do?
- Make Grants – FRIDA provides small and flexible funding to innovative initiatives and organizing led by young feminists and transgender youth under the age of thirty.
- Facilitate Capacity Building and Organizational Strengthening – FRIDA is committed to developing unique capacity building mechanisms that offer useful, cost-effective, and long-term tools to young activists beyond financial support. In addition to our grants, FRIDA also partners with ally organizations to provide capacity building and organizational strengthening customized to fit grantee needs.
- Networking and Connecting – As part of the Fund’s commitment to building a strong, effective multi-generational women’s movement, FRIDA provides opportunities for linking, connecting and networking with other young feminists from other regions, countries and organizations and from other social movements.
- Donor Engagement – FRIDA is committed to cooperating and building relationships with different funding sectors that do not typically support youth and young women. FRIDA seeks to engage donors on the needs, interests and priorities of young feminists.
- Resource Mobilization – In order to widen the pool of donors supporting young feminist activism, FRIDA is utilizing new communication technologies and other social media to leverage funding and encourage non-traditional donors such as young philanthropists and young entrepreneurs to get on board.