** We are no longer accepting nominations for the Board! We thank everyone who applied. **
Dear allies, colleagues, friends,
We are excited to tell you that FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is calling for nominations for up to 5 enthusiastic and dedicated feminists to join our Board of Directors!
ABOUT THE BOARD:
FRIDA’s Board is committed to the amplification and representation of young feminist leaders. Using an intersectional, multigenerational approach, the Board is composed of three Executive positions (Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer) that are held by young feminists. For the Board Members, preference will be given such that no more than 30 percent of the Board is composed of representatives over the age of 30.
Some of the main responsibilities of a FRIDA Board Member include:
- oversee the legal and financial management of the fund,
- mobilize resources and contribute to the fund’s financial success,
- ensure a solid balanced budget,
- represent FRIDA at conferences and meetings,
- oversee the performance of Co-Directors, and contribute to FRIDA’s organizational development.
In addition, the current Board plays a key role in strengthening FRIDA’s global governance structure that reflects FRIDA’s values and participatory processes to ensure multiple voices from FRIDA’s community are heard and have input into strategic direction and identity.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for diverse, vibrant, feminist, and passionate individuals that are leaders in their community, field, movement and/or sector.
The FRIDA board has had some changes in membership and we are saying goodbye to two more board members by the end of the year. Filling in skills, experiences, and representation of the board is one of the main purposes of this recruitment. Here are some of the specific characteristics and skills that FRIDA is looking for in its new Board members:
- Commitment to the feminist movement and promotion of young feminist activism;
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following
- Financial management
- Human resources
- NGO laws
- Migrants rights
- Refugee rights
- Digital and holistic security
- Demonstrated skills and experience in mobilizing resources and managing public relations;
- Expertise in institutional development of an organization/group;
- Confidence in public speaking and/or writing;
- High sense of responsibility and communication skills;
FRIDA strongly encourages Trans*youth, Sex workers, People with disabilities, People living in rural areas, Ethnic minorities, Oppressed castes, Indigenous people, and former FRIDA staff or consultants to apply.
The board members will be elected for a 3-year term from 2019 – 2021, renewable.
HOW TO APPLY
You can nominate someone you know or nominate yourself by Wednesday, August 14, 12 pm EST. Please share nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A profile of the nominee that briefly outlines what their unique contributions would be as a member of the FRIDA Board.
- In the nominee’s own words, briefly describe their relationship to feminism and how does it relate to their work?
- Contact information for 2 references
IMPORTANT: All nomination documents will be shared with our FRIDA Community anonymously. This means that by nominating someone or self-nominating, the person nominating is giving consent to sharing these documents and information about the nominee.
The board nomination at FRIDA is a participatory process in which members who are part of the FRIDA Community (in the roles of staff, long-term consultants, advisory and grantee partners) will be invited to participate in the recruitment process that will eventually shape the Board’s final structure. The recruitment process begins in August 2019 and the final Board members will be announced later in the month. Please circulate this call among your networks widely!
Please get in touch if you have any questions at all! We look forward to hearing from you and we thank you for your time and engagement in this process.
Warmest regards on behalf of the FRIDA Board,