Location: Flexible, to be negotiated with final candidate and preferably in Global South
** FRIDA encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work. Young women and trans youth under the age of 30 from the Global South are strongly encouraged to apply.
Full time – 35 hours per weekAnnual salary: USD $33,600 + benefits
Since its founding, FRIDA has been very fortunate to initiate and secure partnerships with diverse institutional donors committed to girls’, young women’s and trans youth’s human rights through core and multi-year support. As our budget continues to grow to above $6 million USD, our objectives are to maintain and deepen our current partnerships. We also want to continue to leverage diverse resources across geographies to resource young feminist activism.
A majority of FRIDA’s current income comes from institutional donors, therefore this position will play a major role in key aspects of FRIDA’s resource mobilization work especially in donor stewardship, reporting and donor research. A key component of this role will be to work closely with FRIDA Programs and MEL team members to assemble data and stories on the impact of FRIDA’s grantee community. The role will also include helping to cultivate relationships with individual donors, through the implementation of FRIDA’s Individual Resource Allies Strategy, and supporting the creation of knowledge, opinion, and advocacy pieces to demonstrate FRIDA’s impact.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The location of the position is flexible and will be negotiated for where the applicant is legally able to reside. The Resource Mobilization Officer will be supervised by the Resource Mobilization Manager and join a team composed of the Resource Mobilization Manager, Senior Resource Mobilization Officer and Resource Mobilization Officer.
- Support a range of activities required to prepare, write and submit grant narrative reports to individual and institutional sources, including:
- Lead on / support the writing, editing, and overseeing of the completion and submission of narrative reports on current grants (At least 50% of the Resource Mobilization Officer’s role will focus on report-writing)
- Support the coordination of donor grant restrictions and reporting preferences.
- Collaborate with the Finance Team members to prepare financial budgets and reports for donors as needed.
- Support the writing and editing of concept notes, and grant proposals for submission, including gathering all required documentation.
- Work closely with the other team members to gather information to demonstrate the impact, trends, successes, challenges, and learning from FRIDA’s programs as well as that of its grantee partners.
- Work with FRIDA MEL team to prepare and visualise data required for reporting, proposals and other documents
- Support the design and implementation of the Individual Resource Ally Program
- Maintain donor lists and ensure regular communication and engagement
- Respond to questions and coordinate responses
- Manage and maintain online donation page and software
- Support FRIDA’s work on establishing and fostering partnerships within resource mobilisation
- Adhere to FRIDA’s Resource Mobilization Ethics Policy and support the team to maintain, update, and apply the Policy with FRIDA’s community.
- Support grant and reporting administration, including database of donors, data storage and archiving
Communications and Philanthropic Advocacy
- Help to develop tools and resources for funders on how to improve engagement with young feminists.
- Support the dissemination of research pieces through multiple methods such as data visualization, writing, op-eds, and storytelling.
Coordination related tasks for Resource Mobilization and Philanthropic Advocacy
- Help to organize virtual and in-person events, provide logistical support as needed.
- Travel and represent FRIDA at regional or global meetings as needed. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic, all FRIDA in-person events and travel have been postponed until further notice.
- Participate in FRIDA’s strategic thinking and planning for program directions and initiatives.
- Special projects across other teams and work areas as requested
- Join cross-team working groups at FRIDA working to improve internal processes and structures
- Travel and represent FRIDA at regional or global meetings as needed
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL TOR
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
APPLY BY: JUNE 11 2021