Power changes everything. Money can, in this instance, make a real, immediate and measurable difference.
Whether you manage to raise $50 or $500, we promise you, you will always remember that birthday!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
● You could throw a party and ask for contributions at the door (and not let in those who don’t! Haha. We are kidding.)
● You could offer to do something outrageous(!) if enough friends donate. Be as crazy and kinky as you want to be!
● If you are celebrating your “sweet 16” or “sweet 21” or “sweet 30”, you could ask for $16, $21 or $301.
● You could simply ask for donations to young feminist activism instead of gifts.
● Or do something completely different, something that is more “you”!
Has your birthday passed? Don’t worry! Here are some other gift giving events that may be coming up in your life:
● Your graduation
● Specials anniversaries
● Religious and national holidays
● Wedding and engagements
Now go on your calendar, and mark your birthday, and make it a special day for you, your family and friends, and the global young feminist movement.
Here's how Barbora Nemcova used her birthday to celebrate the work that FRIDA does: