FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is a young feminist-led initiative that funds and strengthens the participation and leadership of young feminist activists globally. FRIDA was created to bring new resources and opportunities to young women and transgender youth globally. We believe that supporting young feminists is key to the expansion, rejuvenation and sustainability of women’s movements and organizations. Since beginning in March 2011, FRIDA has mobilized over $270,000 to youth-led initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean, The Middle East, Africa, Asia & Pacific and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
FRIDA is currently seeking a Finance and Administration Assistant. The main responsibilities of the Organizational Assistant include: providing administrative support to FRIDA’s Finance and Administration Manager, supporting FRIDA’s development and maintenance of internal operating systems, processing payments, and ensuring the continuity and flow of FRIDA’s work.
The position is perfect for a young feminist who is passionate about women’s rights and youth engagement with at least three years administrative and/or financial experience. The ideal candidate should be multi-tasker, very organized and a quick learner, with strong English language and computer skills. We are a small team, and patience, a good sense of humor, and a willingness to take on different projects as need arises are essential. Creativity and critical thinking skills also very important.
The location of the position is home based but strong preference will be given to candidates based in Johannesburg; the Finance and Administration Assistant will need a high-speed internet connection and ability to maintain international communication and presence during working hours. The salary for this position is competitive, and commensurate with experience and location.
Young feminist women and transgender persons under 30 with a right to work in South Africa are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Process payments: receive payment requests from staff members, complete the payments requisitions, file all documentation, ensure proper record keeping.
- Source quotations for procurements.
- Maintain and update a preferred supplier’s list, including researching suppliers
- Ensure invoicing is on time, payments are made, and statements are filed properly
- Maintain records of monthly payments and requisitions.
- Document all financial transactions in an accounting system
- Maintain up-to-date donor files, including information related to tax and audit.
- Maintain up-to-date register of FRIDA’s assets and related insurance
- Coordinating all financial and administrative matters and ensuring that staff members are well informed of deadlines of submission of reports, legal compliances etc.
- Provide support in preparation for organizational audit
- Support organizational grant-making process
Administrative,events coordination support and HR support
- Responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to FRIDA’s Co-Directors and other staff, supporting FRIDA’s maintenance of internal operating systems
- Support the creation of contracts and administrative needs of recruitment processes as required.
- Support coordination of travel and logistical arrangements for FRIDA community
- Provide administrative support to the Resource Mobilisation and Programs team as needed, such as support data collection and analysis, grantmaking administration, and writing and synthesis
- Organization of FRIDA events and meetings: as needed, including at conferences and FRIDA board and advisory committee meetings (virtually and in-person)
- Creating, keeping and maintaining all HR records of the organization, so as to enable timely reviews, evaluations, capacity building road maps for the team as well as leave records.
- Keep organizational database up-to-date
- Ensure staff work-plans are kept up to date
- Work with co-directors to ensure follow through of decisions by the Board
Required skills and experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights, youth issues and supporting young feminist-led organizing;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multi-tasking, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure both independently and as a team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including excellent command of English language, understanding of working with print, electronic, online and/or social media, demonstrated ability to write reports;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network and liaise in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated experience with accounting and managing finances for a small non-profit organization or NGO;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and at least 2 accounting softwares, familiarity with databases, information management systems and ability to maintain well organized and documented files.
- Reasonable flexibility, and be able to travel overseas if required
- University degree or related experience in finance, accounting or a related field;
- Fluency in additional languages (Spanish, French, Russian or Arabic is preferred).
- Resource mobilization experience
How to apply:
Send your Cover Letter, Resume, and list of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org Include “FRIDA Finance and Administration Assistant” as the subject line.
Position is open until: July 14, 2016 or until filled.