Inspired by the @Sweden and @PeopleofCanada projects, FRIDA will begin inviting guest curators to contribute articles and posts on FRIDA’s website and social media for one week at a time.
We are piloting this project starting 20 October 2014! Look out for the #4FRIDA hashtag that indicates a curated post. We’ll reveal and introduce our first #4FRIDA Curator on the same day!
The aims of this project are to:
- Showcase the voices of the young feminist movement online and produce unique content on FRIDA’s online communication platforms;
- Highlight the role young feminist activists play in achieving gender equality;
- Use FRIDA’s social media in a positive and productive way that promotes participatory practices that inspire discussion and dialogue – especially related to multigenerational leadership, collective organizing, movement-building, and creative thinking.
The Rules and Principles we are giving our Curators:
- Use the ‘FRIDA Values Check’ for all your posts – does your post uphold or promote the values of Flexibility, Resources, Inclusivity, Diversity, and Action?
- Consider that your words are your legacy – so how do you want to be remembered?
- Help us achieve the objectives of this project please!
- The obvious guidelines: Use common sense and interrogate your privilege, don’t be defamatory to any social, ethnic, gender, racial or economic group, trans*phobic, queerphobic. Slanderous statements will not be tolerated.
- Be authentic to who you are as a feminist and have fun.
- If any of the rules are broken, the curator will lose all access to FRIDA’s social media.
We want to create a space for free expression and creativity that incorporates multiple viewpoints and promotes dialogue. Therefore, FRIDA does not wish to censor or overly regulate this initiative; the content produced by curators are the views of their own and FRIDA is not responsible for the views expressed or any subsequent actions that may occur. FRIDA holds the right to enforce the rules and principles of this initiative. If a curator violates the rules, they will lose their position as curator in this initiative and their content may be removed. FRIDA upholds the right to approve the posts before they are published and change posts after they are published.
We hope you enjoy this project! Please engage with our #4FRIDA Curator and share your thoughts with them. If you have questions about the project, please email email@example.com