Title: Interim Co-Executive Directors
Employment Type: Full-time (28 hours per week) for 18 months
Application Deadline: December 21, 2023
Start date: January 2024
Salary: 90,000 USD + benefits
Location: Remote, preferably in the Global South
FRIDA is seeking new Interim Executive Directors to form part of a communal leadership model to lead the organization in a period of transition, cultural transformation and organizational learning and consolidation. The team is responsible for the strategic leadership and executive coordination of the Fund, as well as its operations and governance. This position will oversee the final stages of the implementation of FRIDA’s 2020-2025 Participatory Strategic Plan, and lead the organization into its next stages through this interim leadership period, with a focus on consolidating and strengthening internal systems and nurturing a strong internal organizational culture. FRIDA will select 2-3 candidates to form a part of this Interim Leadership Team.
This position follows and will build upon a period of organizational growth and ongoing organizational development work to ensure that our internal systems and structures stay relevant to FRIDA’s increased size, that all staff members are able to thrive and grow within FRIDA, that we continue to build feminist organizational cultures, and that FRIDA remains accountable to diverse young feminist movements.
We are looking for experienced, strategic, insightful, and creative leaders who thrive on building and managing systems and community in service to an organization’s mission. The Interim EDs will work to ensure that the organization’s governance, systems, structures, culture and practices best serve FRIDA’s strategic priorities in this period of transition, and are a reflection of the organization’s commitments, mission and values.
The successful candidates will be passionate about FRIDA’s mission and values. They must be committed to youth leadership, resourcing young feminist movements; and building effective co-creative, collaborative structures within FRIDA’s global, diverse staff team. They must have practical knowledge and demonstrable experience in the intersection between anti-racism and feminist work. This is a role that is committed to promoting young feminist leadership, with creative ideas on how to build a healthy feminist and anti-racist organization.
FRIDA is looking for Interim EDs who will:
- Get young feminist organizers more resources.
- Support young feminist organizers to be leaders of strong intergenerational and intersectional social movements.
- Support the creation of innovative, holistic, anti-racist, and transformative organizational cultures and systems.
- Foreground feminism that holds at its center an analysis and understanding of power and its intersection with race and class.
For full job description, responsibilities and more please visit the application portal.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED VIA THE APPLICATION PORTAL AT THIS LINK:
- A letter of interest outlining how your lived and professional experience align to the description and requirements of the Interim ED role. Please include a mention of your vision and approach to organizational transition and change.
- A recent curriculum vitae (CV)/resume (no more than 3 pages).
- A list of three references, detailing their names, email address and role/position. The references must be: someone whom you have supervised or worked with in a supervisory capacity, someone who has supervised you, and one additional reference of your choice.
LGBTQIA+ youth, BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color) and youth from the following regions: Central and Eastern Europe, Caucasus, Central and North Asia (CEECCNA), West, East, Southern and Central Africa (WESCA), South West Asia and North Africa (SWANA), Caribbean, and South, South- East, East Asia and the Pacific (SSEEAP) are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Interim Leadership Team – FAQ” in the subject line.