UPDATE: This recruitment is now closed. Please subscribe to our newsletter and follow our Facebook page for latest updates
FRIDA is recruiting passionate and committed young feminist activists from Latin America and the Caribbean to join its Global Advisory Committee!
Since its founding, FRIDA has relied on a Global Committee of Advisors made up of mostly young feminist activists from all over the world. These Advisors play a key role in the following areas:
- Facilitating FRIDA’s annual participatory grantmaking process by screening applications, reviewing final results, and supporting due diligence.
- Supporting grantee partners’ capacity development and communication with FRIDA and conducting outreach.
- Informing strategy and programmatic decisions in various areas of FRIDA’s work through thematic working groups such as Communications, Resource Mobilization, Capacity Development, and Grantmaking.
- Informing FRIDA’s strategic direction every 5 years.
Given the increase in grant applications we receive each year and the need to expand our presence and work in more places, we are currently recruiting Advisors from each of the following regions:
- Latin America
Must haves for eligible candidates
- At least 5-10 hours a month available to dedicate to FRIDA
- Three or more years demonstrated commitment to advancing women’s rights, equality and non-discrimination and feminist movement building;
- Three or more years demonstrated thematic or regional expertise with young women’s organizations/initiatives working for women’s rights, including time in a leadership role at a local, national, regional or global level;
- Functional spoken and written English language skills, with Arabic, French, Russian, Mandarin, and Hindi extremely desired
- Skills in such areas as project management, workshop facilitation, capacity-building, movement building and/or monitoring and evaluation;
Candidates also must have at least two years experience in at least ONE of the following areas:
- Fundraising experience, such as applying for or receiving monetary grants from a donor or organizing fundraising activities with individuals (ie. events or online crowdfunding)
- Grant-making, international development, or funding institution (experience grant-making or monitoring, evaluation, and learning for young women’s groups and/or start-up, small or community-based groups highly desirable)
- Communications experience, managing websites, communication campaigns, writing blogs and op-eds,
- Private sector especially in the areas of law, finance, accounting and/ or corporate social responsibility. Candidates must have an educational background that aligns with their current role in the private sector
Applicants aged under 35 years old are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
1. Download and complete the New Advisors Application 2015 ENG.
2. Send completed applications and your CV/resume to email@example.com as soon as possible and before 16 August 2015. Please put “Advisory Committee” in the Subject Line.