Patronus: Sloths, hedgehogs and of course cats.
Favourite Quote: “All you can ever count on are the raindrops” – Nina Simone
Originally from Ankara, Turkey, Nevin started her university adventure at Portland State University in 2006, and is now back in school to break the oldest student record at Webster University Geneva. For 8 years, Nevin worked as the Editor-in-Chief of Kaos GL Magazine and also established the “Regional Network Against Homophobia and Transphobia”, an anti-militarist and anti-nationalist LGBTI network in the Middle East, North Africa, Caucasus and the Balkans. Before joining FRIDA, she served as the UN Programme Associate at ILGA World and as the Outreach, Mobilization & Communications Officer at the International IDAHO Committee. She is now based in Switzerland and is the biggest fan and admirer of the great Nina Simone. “I spend about 80% of my time talking about Nina Simone. And the other 20% of the time, I pray for someone else to bring her up so I can talk about her more,” she admits. Nevin is fluent in English and Turkish and can understand ein bisschen Swiss German.