We need you, as a friend of FRIDA, to activate your networks, spread the word and help raise a critical $20,000 for young feminist leaders so they can use it to change the world!
Over the last 5 years, we’ve witnessed an incredible bloom of co-creation, collaboration, creativity and colour in young feminist organizing. We’ve seen young feminists working on the most pressing issues, changing laws on workplace and political discrimination, campaigning to end street harassment, and ending the silence on abortion and sexual health. We need your help to double the number of grants we give out this year.
Starting on International Friendship Day on July 31st and running to International Youth Day on August 12th, FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is running a two week campaign that we’re calling “Feminist Friendship Fortnight.” We’re asking our supporters to show the strength of the feminist activist network and stand with young feminists as they colour outside the lines.
Every day, FRIDA grantees are rising up and joining together. They are taking action in their communities, recognizing power inequalities and questioning authority. Will you join them in making this important work possible?
We’ll give you all the resources (think emails, photos, art, and tweets!) that you need to spread the word about FRIDA to your networks, friends, colleagues, family members, and online followers. Together we’ll set a fundraising goal and (if you like) we’ll profile you on our website and social media as a key part of the FRIDA community.
To take part, you’ll need to:
- Have a short phone call with the FRIDA team in July to get resources and tips, work with us to outline your plan for the two weeks and set a fundraising target.
- Set up a simple fundraising page on Generocity.com – we’ll provide you with all the information you need to register, set up your page and start your appeal.
- Send out at least 1 email, tweet or Facebook post every day during “Feminist Friendship Fortnight” to let your friends, family and networks know what you’re doing and ask them to support you. You can write your own or use the ones we send you.
- Do one bold, brave, colorful thing to spread the word about young feminist activism. It could be hanging a poster in a public place, making an announcement to your class / office / church or community about amazing young feminist activists, connecting with a local feminist group or introducing someone new to this incredible movement. Share a photo with us so we can amplify your awesome activism!
- Share your bio and photo with us so we can profile your great work on FRIDA’s website!
Will you be part of our Feminist Friendship Fortnight Fundraising Drive? To get involved, or for more information, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with loads more details.
It’s going to be an exciting time as the whole global FRIDA community coming together to make this a reality. There are a lot of ways to be a feminist activist- and this is one! We’d love for you to be a part of it!