We are no longer accepting applications for this position. We thank everyone who applied, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FRIDA is recruiting passionate and committed young feminist activists from the Middle East and North Africa region to join its Global Advisory Committee!
Must haves for eligible candidates:
- Aged under 35 years at the time of application
- Three or more years demonstrated commitment to advancing women’s rights, equality and non-discrimination and feminist movement building;
- Skills in such areas as project management, communications, workshop facilitation, capacity-building, movement building and/or monitoring and evaluation;
- Good command of English is important, as well as at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Turkish, Farsi, Kurdish. [French and/or Spanish are desirable, but not mandatory]
- Located or from the following countries where we do not currently have advisors and/or need more advisory support: Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Sudan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Yemen, Western Sahara.
Preferably engaged or working in the following thematic areas:
- Environment and climate justice;
- Access to IT (technology, applications, web-development etc) for activist communities;
- Law and justice from a feminist perspective;
- Safety and security in feminist activism;
- Movement building and social justice organizing;
- Grassroots organization development and leadership;
- Working with girls and adolescents under the age of 18;
- Areas of conflict or post-conflict; refugees; people living under occupation;
- Sex worker OR sexual & reproductive rights movement and a good knowledge of the issues and challenges faced by the movement;
- Migration and rights of migrant community groups;
- Arts for activism such as theater, street art, or music;
- Rights of minority, ethnic, and rural groups, and people living with disabilities;
- Care economy and domestic worker rights;
- Sexual orientation and gender identity & expression (SOGIE) related issues and a good knowledge of SOGIE organizations and networks on the continent.
- Grant-making, international development, or working with a funding institution (experience grant-making to young women’s groups and/or start-up, small or community-based groups highly desirable);
- Communication experience, such as pitching and writing articles, managing social media, graphic design and/or filming;
- Digital security skills, such as preventing and managing attacks and hacks against activists online via social media, website, and email;
- Resource mobilization experience, such as applying for or receiving monetary grants from a donor or organizing fundraising activities with individuals (ie. events or online crowdfunding);
- Law, finance, accounting and/ or corporate social responsibility
Please review the requirements, criteria and review the Advisor Terms of Reference. If you are interested, we urge you to submit a cover letter, CV and completed FRIDA Advisory Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than: 29 March 2018.