FRIDA Program Intern
Deadline for application: October 28th 2013
Who we are?
FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is a young feminist-led initiative that funds and strengthens the participation and leadership of young feminist activists globally.
FRIDA was created to bring new resources and opportunities to young women and transgender youth globally. We believe that supporting young feminists is key to the expansion, rejuvenation and sustainability of women’s movements and organizations. FRIDA provides funding to youth-led initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean, The Middle East, Africa, Asia & Pacific and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
FRIDA is seeking a passionate and creative intern to support our programmatic work. This includes supporting FRIDA grantee partners in 23 countries, supporting FRIDA’s capacity development initiatives and grant making processes. This dynamic position provides an excellent opportunity to support young women’s rights activists from all around the world and increase your understanding of all elements of program coordination.
- Work on Capacity Development initiatives for FRIDA Grantee partners, including supporting the planning of online workshops, developing workshop content and supporting coordination of FRIDA capacity development events and evaluating their success.
- Maintain key data on FRIDA grantee projects and profiles.
- Assist with program updates, proposals, reports and documentation, and support regular communications to FRIDA grantee partners.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the Funds activities.
- Research specific issues and policy debates related to young feminists.
- Support FRIDA staff to establish key relationship and networks with relevant partners, including researching organizations working on women’s human rights, LGBTQ rights, young women and youth organizing.
- Monitor key debates and opportunities for FRIDA staff and grantees to engage in in strategic countries and spaces.
- Provide administrative support to FRIDA staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required;
- Proactive, creative and have experience and/or knowledge of working on programs on gender, human rights, youth, activism or development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Good working knowledge of English (both Oral and Written) and preferably one more of the Fund’s working languages (Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian).
- Passionate young feminist activist (under 30) with a strong commitment to women’s rights, and gender equality.
- Independent and self-reliant, willing to take initiative, creative, hard working, and flexible.
- Must be comfortable working in a virtual environment and have reliable internet access.
- Can commit at least 15 hours per week over a three-month period. We are open to discussions of alternative timeframes and can be flexible.
Remuneration: This Internship is not a paid position although a small stipend ($100USD per month) will be offered to assist with any costs incurred.
To Apply: Please send your CV) along with a letter outlining why you would like intern for FRIDA to email@example.com by 28th October 2013. Please write Program Intern in the subject of email.Applications are welcome from candidates from all countries.