FRIDA Resource Mobilization Intern
Deadline for application: October 28th 2013
- Location: Remote (Work from home) or FRIDA location in Mexico (TBC)
- Unpaid: (Small Stipend Available)
Who we are?
FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is a young feminist-led initiative that funds and strengthens the participation and leadership of young feminist activists globally.
FRIDA was created to bring new resources and opportunities to young women and transgender youth globally. We believe that supporting young feminists is key to the expansion, rejuvenation and sustainability of women’s movements and organizations. FRIDA provides funding to youth-led initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean, The Middle East, Africa, Asia & Pacific and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
FRIDA is seeking a passionate and creative intern to support resource mobilization work. This includes supporting FRIDA to engage with new and unconventional donors, assisting in implementing resource mobilization strategy, research new opportunities and produce content for online fundraising and individual donor engagement. This dynamic position provides an excellent opportunity to support young women’s rights activists from all around the world, as well as expand your understanding of global trends in resource mobilization.
- Support FRIDA staff on resource mobilization initiatives.
- Support the drafting of key communications to individual supporters and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of fundraising campaigns.
- Assist with drafting proposals, reports and documentation for FRIDA resource mobilization efforts.
- Research and monitor current issues and policy debates on resource mobilization, in particular related to young women and girls.
- Support FRIDA staff to establish key relationship and networks with relevant stakeholders and allies in resource mobilization, including researching key stakeholders who may be interested in funding women’s human rights, young women and youth organizing.
- Research key strategic spaces where FRIDA grantees, staff and partners could influence philanthropy.
- Provide administrative support to FRIDA staff
Knowledge & Skills required:
- Proactive, creative and have experience and/or knowledge of working on resource mobilization or fundraising.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Good working knowledge of English (both Oral and Written) and preferably one more of the Fund’s working languages (Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian).
- Passionate young feminist activist (under 30) with a strong commitment to women’s rights, and gender equality.
- Independent and self-reliant, willing to take initiative, creative, hard working, and flexible.
- Must be comfortable working in a virtual environment and have reliable internet access.
- Can commit at least 15 hours per week over a three-month period. We are open to discussions of alternative timeframes and can be flexible.
Remuneration: This Internship is not a paid position although a small stipend ($100USD per month) will be offered to assist with any costs incurred.
To Apply: Please send your CV along with a letter outlining why you would like intern with FRIDA to email@example.com by 28th October 2013. Please write Resource Mobilization Intern in the subject of email. Applications are welcome from candidates from all countries.