FRIDA Social Media and Communications Intern
Deadline for application: October 28th 2013
- Location: Remote (Work from home) or FRIDA location in Mexico (TBC)
- Unpaid: (Small Stipend Available)
Who we are?
FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is a resource mobilization initiative designed to support young feminists under 30. Our goals are to increase the amount, quality and availability of resources and funding for initiatives led by young women and transgender youth globally.
FRIDA is seeking a passionate and creative intern to blog, write content, manage and grow our social media presence. This dynamic position provides an excellent opportunity to support the growth of a funding initiative that supports young women’s rights activists.
As the Fund’s Social Media and Communications Intern, you will be instrumental in strengthening connections with our current constituencies and bringing new audiences to our website and social media platforms. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the work young feminists are engaged in globally but also to publish some of your own work through our networks and online spaces.
- Blog regularly: author original content such as news releases, articles, stories, case studies
- Scan the blogosphere and post interesting activities and initiatives being developed both by FRIDA grantees and young feminist activists globally.
- Build FRIDA’s presence and following on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, instagram etc
- Outreach to other bloggers, tweeters and potential field partners to gain support and advocacy
- Track FRIDA’s online presence (who/what/where is talking about FRIDA).
- Support the production of FRIDA’s regular Newsletters and update webcontent
- Provide support to the FRIDA Coordinator as required (including responding to email enquiries about the Fund).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Proactive, creative and have experience in online communications.
- Good proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to design, compose and edit written materials.
- Ability to write simply with a conversational style
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Good working knowledge of English (both Oral and Written) and preferably one more of the Fund’s working languages (Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian).
- Passionate young feminist activist with a strong commitment to women’s rights, and gender equality.
- Independent and self-reliant, willing to take initiative, creative, hard working, and flexible.
- Must be comfortable working in a virtual environment and have reliable internet access.
- Can commit at least 15 hours per week over a three-month period. We are open to discussions of alternative timeframes and can be flexible.
Remuneration: This Internship is not a paid position although a small stipend ($100USD per month) will be offered to assist with any costs incurred.
To Apply: Please send your CV, a short writing sample (250 – 300 words max) along with a letter outlining why you would like intern for FRIDA to email@example.com by 28th October 2013. Please write Social Media & Communications Intern in the subject of email. Applications are welcomed from candidates from all countries.