Thank you for your interest, we are no longer accepting applications for this role.
FRIDA is looking for a co-executive director to join our expanding team! Find more details and a link to the full job posting below!
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2021
Title: Co-Executive Director
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Remote, preferably in Global South
Compensation and benefits: $60,000 USD
annual salary + benefits*
Start date: December 1st, 2021
Deadline to apply: September 10th, 2021
FRIDA uses a co-leadership structure consisting of two Co- Executive Directors (Co-EDs) who lead the Fund, complementing each other’s skills, capacities and experiences. Co-EDs are both responsible for the strategic leadership and executive coordination of the Fund, as well as its operations and governance. The new Co- Executive Director will work in close partnership with current Co- ED, Majandra Rodriguez Acha.
Following a period of rapid growth in recent years, FRIDA is in a period of organizational learning and consolidation. As we implement our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan, a core priority is organizational development (OD), to ensure that our internal systems and structures stay relevant to FRIDA’s increased size, that all staff members are able to thrive and grow within FRIDA, that we continue to build feminist organizational cultures, and that FRIDA remains accountable to diverse young feminist movements.
FRIDA is looking for a Co-ED who will:
Get young feminist organizers more resources:
- Supporting a team to ensure FRIDA provides accessible, responsive, and strategic resources and capacity strengthening for newly established young feminist-led initiatives;
- Increasing the commitment of donors and allies to resource young feminist activism.
Support young feminist organizers to be leaders of strong intergenerational and intersectional social movements:
- Amplifying the voices, influence, and contributions of young feminists;
- Supporting young feminist-led initiatives and collaborations that respond to the needs of current movements; engaging in partnerships that contribute to more and better resources for young feminist activists;
- Modeling and advocating for better practices in the funding sector.
Create innovative, holistic, and transformative organizational cultures and systems:
- Ensuring the holistic health of FRIDA’s structures and organizational culture so that all community members are happy, sustainable, safe, and effective;
- Fostering leadership in all teammembers; promoting and overseeing collaborative team structures and collective processes;
- Thinking outside the box – and presenting new ways of organizing.
FRIDA is a youth-led fund, and therefore we are prioritizing young women, trans, intersex and non-binary youth candidates for this position. The hope is that the new Co-ED will hold the role for at least 4-5 years, and therefore preference will be given to candidates who are 31 years of age or less.
Please submit all application materials to email@example.com by August 27th, 2021 with “Co-Executive Director_[your name and last name]” in the subject line.
1. A letter of interest OR recorded video outlining how your lived and professional experience align to the description of the Co- ED role. Please include a mention of your vision and approach to feminist organizational development and co-leadership.
2. A recent curriculum vitae (CV)/resume
3. A list of three references, detailing their names, email address and role/position. The references must be: someone whom you have supervised or worked with in a supervisory capacity, someone who has supervised you, and one additional reference of your choice.
LGBTQIA+ youth, BIPOC (black, Indigenous, people of color) and youth from the following regions: Central and Eastern Europe, Caucasus, Central and North Asia (CEECCNA), West, East, Southern and Central Africa (WESCA), South West Asia and North Africa (SWANA), Caribbean, and South, South- East, East Asia and the Pacific (SSEEAP) are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have any questions please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Co-Executive Director- FAQ” in the subject line. Also please check out our Frequently Asked questions document, linked below.
We recognize that impostor syndrome and self-doubt can be significant barriers, particularly for young LGBTQIA+ people, young BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color) folx, youth with disabilities and more. We encourage you to apply if you are excited about the vision of this co-leadership role and what you could contribute to FRIDA, even if you feel you may not hold all of the qualifications listed here.